Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Slice - Can't add 1

Options
13»

Answers

• N2ADV
    N2ADV Member ✭✭
    Options
    A google search brought me here as I’m having the same issue with my 6300.

Downgrading to 3.3.29 now to see if it helps.
  • James Del Principe
    Options

It will not help. Read the several other threads. Flex is working on a solution. No time frame yet.

• N2ADV
    N2ADV Member ✭✭
    Options
    Downgrading to 3.3.29 and then restarting the radio and upgrading back to 3.3.32 worked.

Unfortunately, I missed a great opening on 10 meters from the east coast of the US to Oceana as a result of this. I just wanted to turn on my radio and play…
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

6500, v3.3.32, new windows 11 Pro x64, latest updates, HRD dot 340, WSJT-X v2.5.4, no other extra third party ham software on the new computer. Except Office 2021 with outlook open most of the time.

As we all await hope from engineering.... I got a 55ft lift to hopefully be a stable enough platform for this Covid weakened old lady to swap out a busted T2X with a New to me Orion 2800 today... If I can get up the little bit of tower above the platform I'll rig everything for the change out... A bit worried about strength.

The 6500 here when it went down the first time went totally bonkers on the air. I was on 40m FT8 and the radio on transmit to call on DX spiked, BLEW UP MY 8877 amplifier and LOCKED INTO transmit... Something blew open on the amp... Drive makes grid current (lots or it) and no or very little plate current....

I hadn't had issues with mine, so I had to flip through deleted posts and found the downgrade and upgrade post... I was able to get the radio working the first time on dot 29 and it was back on a dot 32 upgrade...

However, the next morning.... GAAK.... I shut down the shack computer and radio overnight here and when I brought it up in the morning it was gone again... Went through the downgrade to dot 29 but this time the radio was still broken when dot 29 came up... UT OH... I then went back to dot 32 and it took about 10 minutes to do the upgrade this time... Radio has been up, but I haven't shut down computer nor radio since... and I have "less than or equal to zero confidence" the radio will stay working.

I suspect EVIL spirits.... Everybody **** and happy and then all of a sudden a timer goes off detonating a time bomb in the software???? Disgruntled employee? Attacking 6500's and 6700's?

I have considered slapping an "I DID THIS FJB sticker" to the top of the radio.... Seems to work on everything else except the stock market.

I'm going to throw everything into the antenna repair project today (oh BTW Sept 27th was my 67th birthday) and hope engineering isn't at a BBQ this weekend and actually figures this thing out and gets us software that is stable.

The next project is trying to fix the 8877 amp... I built it in 1984 and it's been a trooper except for a couple instances in a big contest station until I got it back about 9 months ago... Well everybody have a good weekend, and let's hope they figure everything out.

Erika K0DD

• K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    Options

All of a sudden my 6700 just fell prey to this issue. Worked OK this AM when turned on for first time this week. Had some weird issues with connecting to DAX IQ stream so decided to restart radio. Came up with no slice. Would not allow a downgrade to 3.3.29.

UGH!!

73, Tom K1FR

• NR0X
    NR0X Member ✭✭
    Options
    Put me on the list, too. Exact same problem on my 6700.
  • NR0X
    NR0X Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hey guys, I just discovered something. Since I couldn't create a slice in SmartSDR, I decided to try and do it from a command line. So I set up a telnet connection into the rasio and sent the command "C21|slice create freq=10.0 ant=ANT1 mode=usb" to it. the radio responded with "R21|50000003|" which, according top the wiki, means License check failed, cannot create slice receiver.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting find. I wonder if someone never had one of the effected models connected to the internet so they could do a license check, if the radio would work anyway. I do know my 6600M will work without being online. But, I would think all of them should work in a similar way. I have in the past ran a 6500 and Maestro together without them being connected to my network and didn't experience any problems. Maybe just direct connecting to your radio and with no internet connection it might still work.

James

WD5GWY

• NR0X
    NR0X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

Ok, They just released a new version 3 update. I installed it and the radio is updating now.......and it works! They say the update for version 2 is next.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options
  • AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    Options

Updated and up and running. 6700.

• Noddy
    Noddy Member
    Options
    So when is v2 coming out, Five days after as usual. That will score you plenty of points FLEX RADIO. It doesn't matter which version you have a dead radio is a dead radio to be fixed. This is not an enhancement release it is a Fix a Dead radio release and should be released ASAP!
  • Rudyk2evy
    Rudyk2evy Member
    Options
    Version 3.3.33 installed without difficulty .... Working flawlessly .... THANKS
This discussion has been closed.