Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Register new radio

I have just received my repaired 6400 back from Flex. I downloaded 3.22 , powered up the radio, green light flashed about 12 times then went solid green. Then opened up the software and it says no radio available and it does not have my name or call sign anymore. They said the radio has a new serial number and I would have to register the radio. How do I do that?

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@VA3MRJ Go to section 10.2 in the 6600/6400 user guide (page 44). There you will find the info you need.

• VA3MRJ
    VA3MRJ Member ✭✭

The instructions do not seem to match my menu. I log in and it shows my call sign and my flex 6400. The options are to connect, smartlink setup and low BW connection. Click on smartlink setup and it shows the radio model and a test button to show both radio and computer are on the local network, I get a green light. No option to register the radio. I just get cannot connect to radio.

Any further suggestions?

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

If the radio is on the local lan, smartlink won’t connect. Smartlink is only for remote, over the internet operation. To register a radio to smartlink requires an internet connection.

• VA3MRJ
    VA3MRJ Member ✭✭

I mislead you, I received the radio yesterday from flex repair. I downloaded the latest software and installed it on my windows computer. Connected the flex radio to my computer via a 10/100 switch which is plugged into my internet modem. When I open SDR, the screen with my call sign radio serial number comes up and it says on the bottom left "connect". I press connect and a few seconds later it says radio not found.

I have opened a ticket with Flex and am awaiting an answer. Radio is six months old and they replaced the motherboard. There was a mention that I would have to register the radio as the new motherboard gave it a new radio designation. I need to access the radio to register it but cannot seem to do that.

Thanks

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

contact flex using the original trouble ticket number ...

and

see if flex has updated their database with the radio serial number for version 3

remember purchased versions stay with the radio

and

find out what version ssdr they loaded on to the 6400 radio.

You need that same exact version on your PC for the PC to even see it. When you updated the PC you may no tbe out of synce with version between radio and PC.

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.