Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX on 136 Khz

My Flex 6400 will TX out of the XVTA port at 0 dbm on 476 Khz.

However, on 136 Khz it is blocked.

Is it possible to get a turf file that will allow TX on 136 Khz?

VK6AKT

Best Answer

• Ken Thompson
    Ken Thompson Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I thought I would let those interested in this post that I did submit a help desk ticket and the answer I got from Tim Ellison was (TURF files are only applicable to the operation of the PA and not the transverter port. The DAC in the FLEX-6000 is not capable of transmitting at that low of a frequency.).

So, help desk was a waste of time.

However, after further investigation I noticed that I had the PTT inhibit box ticked in the band settings.

Once I enabled the PTT on 2200m my Flex 6400 does transmit at 0 dbm out of the XVTR port, more than enough to drive a custom built Fet PA for 136Khz.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hmmmm... Are you sure you have the XVTR output (red) selected on your slice? (Just asking as this is a mistake I make ALL the time :-))

Also, have you selected CW as output mode? SSB might be too wide for the available bandwidth... Here in Canada we're only allowed 135.7 to 137.8 and phone is not allowed.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

• Hi Don

Thank you for your suggestions unfortunately I have XVTR selected, and bandwidth is correct.

I use the same settings on 476 Khz to drive a 200W Fet amplifier and that works fine. VK6 to KH6 on WSPR

It looks as though I will have to contact Support and see if they will supply me with a Turf file that will enable 136 Khz TX on my Flex.

Ken

VK6AKT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.