Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mounting an Antenna Genius to my Tower.

Options

Looking at the Antenna Genius it seems there is no easy way of mounting the unit on a tower where the SO239 connectors would be facing down. Plus it also seems that the Antenna Genius is not very water proof like my DX Engineering 8 antenna switch. Am I correct in this assumption? Also, those of you who currently use the Antenna Genius how did you mount the unit on your tower? And I hate to say this, but a picture would be worth a thousand words. Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Mark, you can mount the AG in a weatherproof box such as a Hoffman enclosure.

Dave wo2x

• Mark Griffin
    Options

Dave,

With my present setup even putting in the antenna genius into a utility enclosure box, it would be a lot more work then I really want to undertake. I think I am just going to continue to use my DX Engineering 8 port antenna tower switch like I always have.

Mark KB3Z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.