Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio Reset after power goes out

Can someone explain to me why if my flex radio is on and the electricity goes out when I turn on my radio again it goes up without a signal and I always have to reset so that the audio and signal come back this happens to me in my 3 flex since new I always have to reset after being turned on the light goes out.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hmmm, this doesn't sound like 'normal' behaviour. On my 6500 (which I leave on 24x7), when the power goes out, then comes on again, the radio goes through its normal power on cycle/internal testing/etc. When complete, it shows my callsign. The radio is then ready to use. I don't have to reset it.

However, I don't have SmartSDR running during a power outage either. So, I have to power on my computer as well and let it do its thing as well.

When you say the "...light goes out..." do you mean the coloured LED on the front panel? When the power is restored, can you describe what it does?

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    simple whenever the radios are turned on using smartsdr and the electric current goes out the radios turn off logically and when I turn them on again they go up without signal or audio at that moment I reset the radio and everything returns to normal the reset that I give is the normal I leave the power button pressed until it turns white so the radio returns with signal and audio and we do the 3 radio flex since I bought them

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    simple whenever the radios are turned on using smartsdr and the electric current goes out the radios turn off logically and when I turn them on again they go up without signal or audio at that moment I reset the radio and everything returns to normal the reset that I give is the normal I leave the power button pressed until it turns white so the radio returns with signal and audio and we do the 3 radio flex since I bought them

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

If I have a computer or network crash here Smart SDR when the computer is restarted will show NO SLICE... There will be no receiver active. ALL I need to do on mine is hit the +RX button and start a slice up again. I seem to need to do that about once a week when RF gets into my router for some reason...

Erika DD

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

My rig and my computer are on a UPS. That way when the power blinks I don't lose the SD card.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

OK, so which model of Flex are you using?

In any case, this is not normal behaviour. When the radio re-powers up and SmartSDR is re-initiated, the persistence settings should return the radio to the last band/frequency it was on.

It sounds like the persistence db/setting is getting corrupted.

Maybe a bad SD card? Although this doesn't explain why it would happen on 3 different radios (I think you said).

Again, I would suggest opening a help desk ticket.

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    if it happens to me in the 3 flex they are a pair of 6600m and a 6400 I do not think that the 3 from new are damaged

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.