Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Stutter, TX hang ups - Version 2.8.0

Upgraded my Flex 6600M to 2.8.0 with no issues.

After 72 hours CW is starting to stutter like it did in 2.7.6. Happens with using Smart SDR for Windows client and using the M front panel.

I also confirmed that TX still gets stuck on when sending characters with paddle while using N1MM. This happens when sending a character with paddle immediately after N1MM has finished sending a macro and before the break in delay time has expired.

I will open a ticket.

Comments

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

Joe, was this issue resolved?

Tim K9WX

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

No. Here is response from Flex...

Thank you for using the HelpDesk. Now let's get started addressing your issue. 

We are having continuing issues with CW Performance once the radio has been running for over about 48 hours. The current work-around is to restart the radio before any major CW operations if it has been running for a while. 

As you have mentioned, the CW failure after sending with N1MM can be reduced by reducing the length of CW Delay, so that the radio is more likely to return to RX mode after a N1MM CW Macro sends so that you don't try to send with the paddle while the CW Delay is still counting down from the N1MM Transmission. This is one of the things that seems to trigger this situation. 

The analysis of your HelpDesk support incident has concluded that the issue you reported is a possible software defect. I have transferred this issue to the Engineering/Software Development group and placed it in their bug tracker for further analysis and resolution. 

This issue has been logged as defect number: SMART-8513 

Unfortunately, at this time there are no known workarounds other than the ones mentioned above..

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

Did they mention a priority level for SMART-8513 defect? Logging a defect and actually fixing it is obviously two different things. We found that many of the CW defects take low priority or that is what it seems. Some never addressed. Other requests / enhancements in the CW realm seem to not be implemented, but it is hard to know what is being worked on tomorrow. de WA1QZX

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

I don't understand what they refer to when they say reduce the length of the CW Delay. Is that an N1MM setting or an SSDR setting?

Tim K9WX

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭

No mention of priority.

Increase the delay setting in SSDR or the radio front panel to help with the TX hang issue. You will no longer be able to operate QSK though if that matters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.