Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Windows on an M1 Mac

I have been running SmartSDR for windows on top of Windows 10 / Parallels 14 / MacbookPro 2017 vintage laptop. I recently upgraded my laptop to a new M1 silicon machine w Windows 11 / Parallels 17 and find that I can't load SmartSDR for Windows v3.3.32 as it doesn't support the M1 architecture.

Does anyone know if this situation will be corrected?

I have purchased, loaded and run Marcus' SmartSDR for Mac and that works fine, but I find I prefer (the options and buttons I use the most are more accessible) in the SmartSDR for Windows version.

Thanks & 73,

Ken WC6Y

Best Answer

• wp4oxg
    wp4oxg Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi.

I am afraid you won't have that option (at least in the short term). The virtualization system you are using won't emulate a different processor for Windows. Using Windows for ARM is experimental and I doubt FlexRadio will port the current Intel version of their Windows software to an ARM version of Windows that very few users will use (probably until ARM goes mainstream for Windows and replace a lot of market of Intel PCs). I use Marcus version too as it is the best alternative for Mac users.

Regards,

WP4OXG

Answers

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭

Thanks for your response! I will put my efforts into adapting to Windows for Mac, and perhaps make some suggestions / requests to Marcus.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.