Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where can i find the format of the UDP message that SmartSDR logger send when i log a QSO

Options
I am trying to write a utility to receive the WSJT-X format UDP grams so that i can log the QSO in CloudLog but i can't find the format anywhere

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Eric, The radio uses UDP for discovery and for audio/video (Vita-49 protocol). All else goes via the TCP/IP API.

Take a look at the API documents to get an idea of how it works.

There is also a C# FlexLib that you can use to access the API from a Windows DotNet environment. I recommend this if you are programming for Windows.

FlexLib: Class List (flexradio.com)

Node Red is also available. Dave, WO2X and Alan, WA9WUD have built some sophisticated flows for Node Red that you might be able to capitalize on. Sorry, I don't have a working link for Node Red at the moment, but someone here can point you in the right direction if you ask.

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

They are defined here in the wsjt-x source code and there are examples also on sourceforge.

I couldn't paste the link. But just put https at the beginning should get you there.

sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/wsjtx/ci/master/tree/UDPExamples/

Good Luck

Michael, AA5SH

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Sorry wrong hpp file, I added the right one. Starts around like 117 or so.

• Eric_M0REQ
    Eric_M0REQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok thanks I found that the payload in the UDP message is ADIF format. It threw me as it looks a bit like JSON but isn’t. Fortunately CloudLog expects ADIF wrapped in a JSON envelope.