Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink Help Needed

Smartlink has always worked perfectly from my iPhone until yesterday. When I brought it up on the iPhone it did show a new release was installed a couple of weeks ago.

So local, on wifi, it all works fine. If I turn off Wifi and try to connect over the internet it doesn't work.

I have a 6600M and it shows Flex-6600 as an available choice as my available radio. The IP address is correct for my WAN address. I can go to the settings and "check Smartlink Status" and it shows all is good and I am signed in.

When I try to connect from my iPhone the available radio box goes away like it should but then it just sits on the previous screen that says I am not connected. After 20 or so seconds it gets a message that says "Smart Connect - No response from Smartlink Server".

Normally I would guess the server is down but it's probably something else.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Harold

W5ZZT

Best Answer

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

i wrote Marcus and email and he got me working. In the extended setting I needed to turn use ipv6 on. It seems this has happened to me before when a new update comes out. That’s the only way I know it could have gotten turned off.

Harold

Answers

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Just a guess...go and look under Settings on the SmartSDR iPhone app...at the top make sure Both is selected...

• Both is selected and the radio shows up. I just unregistered the radio and registered it. I push the test button and it says I have a good connection.

The app on the phone says all is well. The available radio screen looks good. It just won't connect.

I was hoping for some help here before I open a ticket since it's a holiday.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.