Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power to the Antenna Genius

Good Evening,

I realize to have the Antenna Genius work I would have to have an ethernet/router connection to the Antenna Genius. That would not be a problem. But my main concern is how do I connect power to the Antenna Genius? Would I have to have a small power supply and have it connected to the power input of the Antenna Genius. In my case, I would have to have the power supply connected in my basement and have the cable go out through a hole to the Antenna Genius.

Would this be a good way of doing it? How do others in the group who use the Antenna Genius have power going to the unit? Thanks for your help and advice.

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Right now my AG is in the shack so one power supply but I will be moving the tuner, amp, aG, bandpass filters and triplexer and diplexer to a server cabinet in the garage. I plan on a separate power supply in the cabinet with DC distribution with individual fuses.

Dave wo2x

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭

Hey Martk! I just finished my installation. In my case, I have a large weatherproof box mounted to the base of my tower about 100' from the shack. I went so far as to trench for 110V so I could run a 12V 5A power supply into a rigrunner appropriately fused with powerpoles to the AG and the OM module (I use it to trigger relays to set direction on an 80m 4-square). I also ran an ethernet cable thru the coax tube - not the 110 trench - to the tower.

Now it's amazing - AG seamlessly follows the radio and when I'm on the 4-square a "popup" appears with buttons for the directions. I've eliminated the need for 2 100' control cable runs back to the shack (old antenna switch and 4-sqaure controller.) I've left them in - who knows when I might need them. I'm on an "eliminate the boxes" kick and this was a huge step in that direction.

-Brian n8wrl

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.