Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interfacing LOG40M without SliceMaster?

VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Is it possible to integrate LOG40M with a flex 6xxx series without using SliceMaster? the User Guide from Log40m only talks about using Slicemaster and Hamlib. Slicemaster is nice, but I don't really need it.

If others are using Log40M without S/M, I'd really like to hear how they have the settings in Log40M and Flex set up.

Thanks.

Comments

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭

I use Log4OM and don't have Slicemaster. Here are settings I use on Log4OM and Flex/CAT:

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Thanks jlyonmn....this is great. Much appreciated.

Did you have to install omnirig separately from Log4om?

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭

If I remember right (it was over a year ago), there were two versions of Omnirig - a newer and an older version. You need to install the old version. DX Atlas: Amateur Radio software

I had quite a slog getting these programs to talk to each other but hopefully you should have an easier time of it. If you get stuck, I would be happy to connect with you via Zoom or Teams for some screen-sharing.

Jeff

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated! I now have it working.

As you said, v2.1 of Omnirig doesn't want to work with Log40M. With your link, I found v1.2 and installed it.

I'm not doing FT8, so I didn't bother with the sound settings in Log40M.

Also, for others, the steps are:

a) Run OmniRig. Make sure the parameters are as shown above (except select the appropriate COM port from SmartCat. DON'T click OK at the bottom. -- that will shut off OmniRig and then SmartCAT won't connect to it. Just leave the screen up.

b) Run SmartSDR. Make sure you have selected to have SmartCAT initiate automatically. If you want, you can check that OmniRig is connected by looking at the SmartCAT screen. Under the COM port, it should show 'omnirig'

c) Run Log40M and everything should be connected.

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭

Congratulations Don!

The Log4OM user forum is a very good source for information about the "how to" questions re. Log4OM. Although the guy who runs it seems more than a bit crabby most of the time. He will usually refer users to the operating manual.

Jeff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.