Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote access to a 6400 , set up ?

I am trying to help a new 6400 owner test his set up for remote access via WAN and Smartlink. He has read the guide and watched Michael's videos as suggested on a FB group. When I try, using his credentials , I simply get a "failed to connect to radio" message after pressing "connect".

See this brief video https://k3ukandy-gmail.tinytake.com/msc/NzI2NzgxNF8yMDA4ODE3NQ

He does get a green light when he tests the Smartlink connection at his end. His LAN access is working as expected.

The furthest I got was a brief opening of Smartsdr , no signals, just as screen with his name and version number in bottom left of SmartSDR . That screen closed after about two seconds, Subsequent tries saw Smartsdr with perpetual hourglass.

Andy K3UK

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

With these sparse informations, it is hard to find an answer.

I think you need someone close to help. For a first guess, it can be wrong setup of port forwarding or IPV6 , or bad IPV4 tunneling ( both provider specific ) or blocking of streaming to outside from provider.

We have some club users here who can not use the radio due to such reasons.

Harry

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Harry. I was able to stay connected last night but no actual panafall appeared , just the gray Flex screen . I could change a few things in the radio panel but saw no actual signals. I noticed that SmartCAT and DAX showed no connection at my end , just SmartSDR. Not sure what that signifies.

Andy

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

An update : Still perplexed . Two of us regular Smartlink users tried to connect to the new 6400 owner's 6400 using his credentials , same results. I have advised he contact Flex since he just got his 6400 a few days ago and could benefit from their expertise. It seems the issue might be connected to the SmartsdrDAX not connecting to the remote radios whereas smartSDR does. Hence, a SmartSDR screen shows, but no panadapter to view, no signals or sound. The part of the radio screen listing the name of the "station ", shows the name of MY station, NOT the target station. The setting to automatically use the last radio connected, is turned off. Same results when a ham that regularly shares my 6400 tries to connect to the new 6400 owner's station . Manually choosing the correct station name in drop-down box in smartsdrDAX says can't connect to the remote radio even though SmartSDR says we are connected.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.