Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TunerGenius and PowerGenius not showing up Remote

I set both up today exactly as prescribed. Both work perfectly as expected onsite. Also tried using them on the remote computer via Wifi (on the same network) and same.

Got home to the remote site and neither are showing up on their utilities. I added the TGXL as a remote tuner at the site via Google Desktop as well as at the remote site (to try both ways of adding it). When you try to connect to the tuner, it is stuck in "Connecting" indefinitely.

PowerGenius is available in Smart SDR but not in the utility at the remote site. That utility doesn't have a setup specifically for remote, so not sure why both devices are not showing up on the remote computer.

I added a four-digit access code for the TGXL. The PGXL does not require one for remote apparently.

Perhaps it doesn't like my access code or nickname? (formatting?)

What am I missing?

Thank you,

John

NG0Z

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Port forwarding? Your router/firewall is most likely not configured for port forwarding.

Dave wo2x

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

The user’s guide doesn’t seem to mention that. I’m sure my network can do that.

That doesn’t explain the PGXL not showing up does it?

Thank you

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

We remoted into the router and set up port forwarding and now I have access to the TGXL. Thank you.

Still not seeing the PGXL in its utility on the remote computer however it shows up and is functional in SmartSDR so the radio is controlling it.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If the PG XL utility is on a different subnet than the amp then it needs port forwarding too.

The current firmware/utility does not support any password protection.

Dave wo2x

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭

I would also set your router at the Remote to use a DDNS address especially if doing a lot of remoting from outside the LAN. Then just use that address name to allow remote connecting to your PGXL, 8X2 switch or whatever.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.