Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Changing "Station: <computer name>" in SmartSDR

Options
My first time configuration of my new-to-me 6400 was done with an old computer resurrected for the purpose. It got a fresh install of Windows 10, then the Flex software was installed.

The default name of the computer from the install seems to be in the bottom of the SmartSDR window... "Station: computer name". I changed the name of the computer in the Windows settings so that I could identify it separately from a laptop I may also use. However, that old name seems to be permanently burned into SmartSDR.

Is there a way to change it, or have it re-read this from the computer? Or perhaps I need to uninstall and re-install the Flex software?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Brock, in SmartSDR you can click on the name and type over it to change it.

Answers

• normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried that and the computer name changes until I turn the radio off and the computer off. When I turn it back on the original name is back. How do I get it to change on a permanent basis?

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you hit "Enter" when you had changed the name? If not, it changes back when you switch off SSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.