Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 Slow to power on

My 6300 has slowed down over the years until now from 'push power on' to solid power on is almost a minute. I know it used to be only a few seconds. What would be causing this (something is getting old other than me...)? And what would the fix be? I'm afraid that one of these days it just won't power on at all.

Best Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

My 6300 takes 52 seconds. My 6600 takes 50.

I timed them for interlocks in a remote power control system I run.

The boot times are the same whether initiated by pushing the front panel button or closing the [REM ON] connector on the back panel.

• Russ Locke
    Russ Locke Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well, OK! I guess it is my sense of time that has changed over the years since I got my 6300! It might also have to do with the various upgrades over the years, including a firmware update a couple years ago. Anyway, I'll quit obsessing over it and just go get another cup of coffee while it is booting up. I did operate it remote for a year or so and I know it took longer then; I blamed that on a slow laptop processor. Maybe not....

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

The radio needs to boot up... I push on on my 6500 and it starts booting. When its done flashing its ready to bring up ssdr... I'm on v3.3.32. Latest stuff. We are talking the same thing right? Time to boot? Poor radios computer needs to fight through all that spaghetti code in the O/S. A minute? Yeah I suppose... never timed it. I hit the radio on button, then hit computer on... and by the time I get sat down I'm ready to log on and start ssdr...

Erika DD

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

My 6500 takes about 50 seconds to boot up, and always has. There is a lot going on inside a Flex radio on power-up and it just takes time. I have had the radio for almost 7 years now. I think what you are seeing is completely normal.

73, Craig KØCF

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Mine is 40 seconds timed it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.