Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dear Flex, Please fix tuning cracking noise ASAP!

Well, I had few "Dear Flex..." posts before and usually do not express my frustration too often. But, watch that video and tell me how is operation on Flex (especially after ver 3.3.29 and 3.3.32) can make operation enjoyable?

Cracking noise during tuning is reported several times but typically reports are pointing out that happening with several slices opened.

I have that issue with one slice only and it is very annoying. I do not have anything else running, closed Skimmer and all other SW besides N1MM and it still there.

These comments coming right after IARU contest this weekend when I spent half day at other big station on Icom7610 with pristine audio and rest of time planned to work from home. I gave up after few hours :(

I opened ticket after 3.3.29 release on May2nd and provided all information requested and now it all crickets.

So, Dear Flex, besides another bug (VOX issue) that you logged as a bug 3 years ago and it still not working, that cracking noise really Big issue and I would appreciate you put your resources as quick as possible to address it!

Other data:

Flex 6600 ver 3.3.32, PGXL, TGXL and AG2x8 - all latest version. All devices and PC was restarted before IARU Contest.

Network Status - Excellent

Latency RIT - 3ms

Max Latency 166ms

Remote RX/TX Rate -0

All PC resources less than 25% of usage.

How do I use Flex recently? Typically FT8 not require any tuning, during Contests you have to jump to the calls from the Cluster otherwise you will constantly hear that noise.

Sergey

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I opened a support ticket.

However, what happens if you shut down skimmer? Does the problem go away?

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Thank you Michael.

I show it in the video, closing skimmer does not do anything. In my ticket opened to Flex on May2nd I also reported that turning off spots does not change that cracking noise. No further reply's from Flex on that ticket.

While I had it before ver 3.3.29 it was very minor. After 3.3.29 and now on 3.3.32 it can be very severe. One additional observation, the more stations on the band the more severe cracking noise. For example, on quiet band like today (no contest activities) it is almost not there even with 2 slices open. Looks like something overloading in the radio when band is busy - it is just my theory.

Sergey, KN7K

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

I also hear the crackling under Windows since 3.3.29 especially when the radio starts. I don't remember experiencing it under MacOS.

Ignacy NO9E

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Michael/Flex, any idea why my ticket from May 2nd and one that you opened for my case on July 11 are ignored?

Everyone on summer vacation or there is no solution?

Thanks,

Sergey

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

Same question as above - why I have ZERO reply for 2 tickets?

I would appreciate at least some acknowledgment, maybe commitment to fix it in the next SW?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.