Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to operate with Display failure on 6600M ??

Recently got Flex email discussing parts supply issues and that got me to thinking about possible delay in repair processing.

SO...

No display problem here now ..just thinking ahead.

If My 6600M display fails can i still operate using macssdr or even windows SSDR as if it is a 6600?

Would it operate like a 6600?

Will the 6600m even turn on?

Will the radio server turn on and boot up?

Can i then access the radio server via macssdr/window ssdr?

Just a random thought on these hot summer days...yep fried my brain ;-))

Thanks

Paul K3SF

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Yes, the radio will still boot and act as a 6600. There is an internal Ethernet switch which connects the radio portion, front panel, and rear network port.

Dave wo2x

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Okinawa! Was KR6PGR as an 11 year old in 1959.

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Hi Dave

That is what i thought. But always good to get more input...

With a few good dxpediton ( Crozet , Bouvet) comning up this fall / winter wanted to make sure i could still operate in the event of display failure. I do have backup rig ( icom 7300).

i am only one away from HR with 330 confirmed...

Thanks

Paul K3SF

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I’m chugging along somewhere around 315 worked and waiting on some confirmations. I’ve only been active chasing DX since 2008 so a LOT harder for HR since a lot of countries on the list aren’t active, nor does it seem they will be any time soon due to political or environmental challenges.

Dave wo2x

President North Jersey DX Association

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Hi dave

well i have been hamming since 1962 at age of 14 (KN3VWF, K3VWF, KR6VW (USAF-okinawa) )

Then had chance to change call and got K3SF ( extra class) ..

it sounds really smooth on CW where most of my dx'ing activity happens

My best catch was BS7H (2007) . I had to work from home that day and my 'office' and radio room are one and the same they...back then i was running TenTEC Orion II with dual receivers...the only way to work cw split

15 minutes after hearing them and figuring out pileup got'em in the log...on 20m of course

so i cant do dx'ing with out two receivers ;-)

Running the 6600m with 4 receivers (slices) has really helped me find the best band to work some of the bigger dxpeditions.

BUT

my best remembered one is VR6TC, Tom Christian, on Pitcairn. in 1980, I was calling CQ on 15 SSB and Tom gave me a call...chatted with him for about half hour..

i just love the hobby

later

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.