Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Usb to Bluetooth dongle in flex6600 usb port

Question is the following

Is it possible to use a USB-Bluetooth adapter in the usb port of flex?

I would like to use a Bluetooth headset with microphone and, if possible, it seem2to a possible, clean, way

Tnx

Don

Ik2egl

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

No. Radio audio through though a USB to Bluetooth adapter into the back of the radio is not supported at this time.

you can use a USB to Bluetooth adapter into a PC and in SmartSDR select PC audio.

Dave wo2x

• ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭

Hi Dave, thanks for clarification

I am looking for a way, without depending on smartsdr as I use maestro console only.

Maybe a Bluetooth microphone /headset adapter could be a solution?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You can connect a Bluetooth dongle to the back of a Maestro via the Line in and Line out connectors.

They do make them. You will need to do some research on finding on that handles both audio in and audio out.

However, be aware that BlueTooth will introduce additional audio latency. This is why Bluetooth is not present on a Maestro.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.