Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex and WSJTX disconnection of CAT Interface

VK2PW
VK2PW Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Third-Party Software
Hi all, I have an ongoing issue with WSJTX and Flex 6600 (I believe) CAT control interface. If my PC is left idle for some time, or if I come out after a few hours of not using PC, then changing bands within WSJTX will no longer change the radio, in fact, the PC just makes an error sound but no error is actually displayed suggesting the window has become somewhat modal, but in fact its not modal at all and is receiving decodes and can TX also, you just cannot change bands using the WSJTX band selector. Restarting WSJTX solves the issue immediately and restores full control. I have disable USB power options, I have no screen savers, power options are so that my displays turn off after 15 minutes but PC never hibernates or shuts down. Generally speaking, I rarely suffer the issue of the TX audio not working in WSJTX but it does happen on some occasions, but this issue with WSJTX disconnecting from CAT happens every day many times after the PC is left alone for a while. Now in fairness, I have only just made the changes to the USB idle state where I have disabled it so this MAY have resolved the issue, time will tell. I am just wondering if anyone else has same issue and has figured out what the cause is. Thanks, de Adam VK2PW

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

What version of WSJT-X are you using? What version of SSDR CAT ? What split mode are you using in WSJT-X none/rig/fake ? if split , try fake it or none.

AL, K0VM

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Also in Windows you can change the power profile to High Performance if it isn’t already.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.