Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help programming mode changes in Streamdeck

Rick N0VT
Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Third-Party Software

I've had a Stream Deck a few months and have it set up per FRStack's REST help page. But I'm having a problem making one command work.

What I want to do is program buttons to change the mode of the active slice between "USB" and "DIGU". I set up 1 button as: http://localhost:13522/api/ActiveSlice/MODE?param=USB and a second button the same way except the param=DIGU.

When I press either button, the Flex starts alternating between the modes--USB/DIGU/USB/DIGU and the only way to break the sequence is to close Stream Deck. It's what I might expect if I were holding both buttons down continuously.

Q1: What am I doing wrong?

Q2: Is there a way to set up a single button to toggle between the two modes? I can't find it if there is.

Tnx

Rick N0VT

Best Answers

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Rick

I ran your REST mode change command in my browser as a test. Looks good, and I did not observe the same as when you ran it from Stream Deck. So....two thoughts:

• Its a Stream Deck issue
    • You have another device sending a mode change command.

Hee is a screen shot of the mode change command running in my browser.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭

Are you running any other FlexAPI or CAT radio client software like DXCommander, etc? If yes, stop all other software except SmartSDR, FRStack and StreamDeck then retest buttons.

You could also post your SD profile here so those of us that have SD also can review.

73, Mark W3II

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022

No other software is running.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Alan-I closed Stream Deck and ran the link in my browser the way you did and it works like it should. No changing back and forth. When StreamDeck is running, it bounces back and forth.

Rick N0VT

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭

If you want me to look at your stream deck profile please email it to me. You can find the support email address in FRStack Help menu.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.