Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

microphones for 6400 M

2»

Answers

• radioshopbob
    radioshopbob Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"I bought the Flex ACC-8P-TRS adapter right from Flex, and I see a problem with the way it is wired. I checked the pin out before plugging the adapter in and found the the TIP of the TRS (3.5mm) plug is going to pin 7 of the 8 pin Foster plug, and RING of the TRS (3.5mm) plug is going to pin 8 of the Foster plug. That does not seem right to me. The Yaesu 8 pin Foster plug is wired with the MIC+ on pin 8 and MIC- on pin 7. In other words the White wire of the Yaesu mic. is on pin 8 and the bread or shield is on pin 7. What is a mother to do??? \n"}]
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

@n4frl email me off list. I have some documentation for the 8 band EQ and EQ Plus with Flex gear that may be of help.

You are adjusting the MIC In wrong on the 8 band EQ. Do not use the noise gate LED to adjust Mic In on bottom. The document I have explains it.

Dave wo2x

• Ferrell
    Ferrell Member ✭✭
    @radioshopbob Should I not be using the Flex ACC-8P-TRS since it is wired incorrectly. I use different mic but mainly the Heil 781. Can you tell where and which cable to buy?

Thank you
  • Ferrell
    Ferrell Member ✭✭
    @wo2x David I can't seem to figure out how to find your email. I also cannot seem to get the confirmation email to confirm my membership. I did find an error in my profile where i had entered my email wrong so I corrected it but never received the confirmation email

N4FRL
    Ferrell
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Go to http://www.QRZ.com

Put in my call (you need to sign in the site, basic membership is free. You must be signed in. Then after signing in and entering my call you will see show email.

Or easy way my call AT ARRL DOT net

Dave wo2x

• Ferrell
    Ferrell Member ✭✭
    @radioshopbob I have the Flex ACC-8P-TRS also. I use about mic wired for yaesu. Anyway is there something I should change or just not use the adapter or buy another type of adapter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.