Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Distorted Recorded Audio When Played Back Over The Air- 6400M

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I have had a consistent problem with choppy and distorted playback audio when I playback a recorded transmission over the air. I am recording using the SDR application. When I play back the audio locally at my machine, it is beautiful; however, when I play the recorded audio back to my friends, they tell me it is awful. This occurs whether I have DAX enabled or not.

My PC

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 3.80 Ghz

64 GB Ram

Windows 10 64 bit

I have made certain that my Level transmits between -5 to -10

I have also attached pictures of my task manager for CPU usage, Latency Monitor results, and DAX settings. Any advice would be much appreciated as this is becoming a headache lol.

73 de N4KMG

Wes

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Wes, can you send a screen shot of SmartSDR so that we can see the RX equalizer and another so that we can see the TX equalizer? It is possible that you are overdriving things due to equalizer settings.

• PunchingPastor
    PunchingPastor Member ✭✭

Thanks, Len for the help. Please see attached the pictures you requested. What is strange is that the recorded audio sounds beautiful when played back here locally at my machine.

73 de N4KMG

Wes

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Wes, try turning off the TX equalizer. If you are listening to yourself via Full Duplex, also turn off the RX equalizer.

To hear your own signal, check out this YouTube video by Ken, NM9P:

I set my power down to 1 watt and transmit into a dummy load when I use this technique. Because I can't listen and talk at the same time, I use the record button on the receive slice.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I think it might be corrupted profiles.

Ed KA9EES

• PunchingPastor
    PunchingPastor Member ✭✭

@ka9ees Thanks Ed. With that being said, I am guessing it may help to delete current profiles and create new ones?

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I would try that first. It's been a while since it happened to me. It was an earlier v3 though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.