Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will this allow the Flex 6400 on computer 1 to talk to the software on Computer 2 satisfactorily

RKB
RKB Member ✭✭

OK,

I have two computers both running WIn Pro 10,

I have one computer dedicated exclusively to FlexSDR, Dax and Cat

The second computer runs WSJT-X, Ham Radio Deluxe and various other programs that will interface with the Flex 6400.

I will have an Ethernet cable between the Wifi Modem and Computer 1 and another Ethernet Cable connecting Computer 1 to Computer 2

I am not a networker so I am open to any suggestions.

Cheers

Ron

Best Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

If you put the second interface on computer 1 into bridged mode, it should be able to pass traffic from computer 2 to your switch, and presumably your Flex.

A better solution would be to put a small (4- or 8-port) switch in the link to your WiFi router, then connect both computers (and the Flex) on that switch if possible - then you don’t need to have the Windows O/S set up to bridge (not the best solution :-). I don’t know your network topology, but if possible, don’t expect a computer to bridge (pass-through) traffic.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Just one further comment, Ron - to avoid issues with forwarding and connectivity, if possible set up the DHCP in your router to reserve the IP addresses for your Flex, and also your PCs if possible. That will guarantee that you won’t have IP address conflicts, and will have any external network access to your Flex continue if you reboot everything. The IP address handed out by your router will be associated with the hardware address (MAC address) of your Flex and computers.

Answers

• RKB
    RKB Member ✭✭

Thank you for your prompt reply Ted, I will take your advice and setup a 4 port switch

Cheers

Ron

• RKB
    RKB Member ✭✭

HI Ted, I can do all of that no problem

Cheers

Ron

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

Why are you using 2 computers? All the functions you mention would run on one modern dual or quad core system, with additional screens if needed.

73 Martin AA6E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.