Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro error maybe linked to disappearing xmit profiles?

All had been working fine for a few days on my 6 month old 6400M, running v3.3.32.8203 and I have a new sd card as of maybe 2 months ago. I normally use the front panel controls and only start ssdr when I need to, or to play with smartcontrol, no remote operation yet.

This morning I came into the ham shack, the radio has been on for a couple days, and had the dreaded Maestro error displayed on the screen. Powered off the radio, waited 2-4 minutes then turned off the power supply. Waited about 5 minutes then turned the power supply on, waited another 3-4 minutes and turned on the radio. Now all is fine and working properly. Not so fast. Tried to load a global profile and then I saw that 2 of my xmit profiles are missing, I only have three. Tried importing from 2 different backup files, both said my 3 xmit profiles are there ready to be imported, but they did not. One did import but the other two did not, just like last time this happened.

Is there a connection between the Maestro error and the missing xmit profiles? Remember I don't have a Maestro, but have been told that in this case it is probably an error with the front panel, since they are basically the same device, and evidently share some error messages.

I'm getting very tired recreating those xmit profiles, I think this is the third or fourth time I have done it, but who's counting?

Saw some messages that said the profiles will not import if they are corrupted. If that is why my xmit profiles don't import, then what is corrupting them?

I will start a ticket, again, for the service people to look at.

Fred, K0FG

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Good afternoon Fred...I'm not sure the Maestro error has anything to do with the missing Transmit Profiles. When my profiles went missing my Maestro was not in use. Opening up a help ticket is the way to go...while you are waiting for a response you may want to try the the following in restoring your profiles:

"To confirm a TX profile is not corrupted, I export the profile right after I create it. Then I delete the profile and see if I can import it. If I can import it, then it sticks and will not randomly disappear on me. If I can't import it, I have to create the profile again and export it, delete it and import it until it works. It is a clumsy work around, but it has worked for me. I am currently on 3.2.39 and still use this work around whenever I create a new TX profile"

This process helped me to make my Profiles again...while it is a pain it may work for you.

Best Regards

Ronald

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Ted S was the member that came up with this process...I wanted to make sure I gave him the credit. You can also read the previous issue with Transmit Profiles missing...https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8026699/tx-profiles-mia#latest

Best Regards

Ronald

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭

Hi Ronald.. I created a couple new profiles and exported them. They would not import. Did it all again and finally got one to import. Does that mean it is good and not corrupted? I doubt it will last for long. Once it is in the radio and working why does it disappear? Why would I ever need to import it, unless doing a factory reset.

Have been told that this is not what profiles were designed for. They only represent a picture of the radio at a moment in time. But that is what I want, recall the way the radio was configured at one moment in time. And to be able to recall that configuration whenever. Memories don't work for that.

I only have 2 xmit profiles. One has 20 watts output and the TX switches are turned on to key the amp. The other has 100 watts output and the switches are turned off for barefoot work. Most of the other settings are the same for each profile. How simple can it be?

Have many global profiles, 4 for each band, 2 for cw and 2 for ssb. Two globals on each band use the 20 watt xmit profile and the other 2 globals use the 100 watt xmit profile. Maybe 20 or so global profiles but each one uses one of the two xmit profiles.

Never had this kinda **** with my Elecrafts, or Kenwoods, or Yaesus, or Icoms. Still have a couple K3 radios, one may find its way back onto the bench. Then I can spend my time hamming, not creating profiles that don't work. Have had this radio for about 6 months. And I love every minute that I have spent learning how to run it. But I am not at all happy with the hours that I have spent reprogramming something that worked yesterday. Or doing a factory reset and then finding that I have to rebuild all my profiles cuz they will not import. How many contacts have I missed because the radio is locked up?

Fred, K0FG

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I estimate I spend more than 20% of my radio time fighting with profiles and their corruptions. And resetting radio with COLD boots and factory resets and rebuilding profiles. My issues are different in that I use both MacOS, Maestro and Windows clients. When switching from one client type to another, the profiles get corrupted. So, I had to create a distinct profile set for each type of platform such they don't interfere as much. It would help if there was a "LOCK" function that once a profile is created and stable, you could lock it as read-only so it can't get corrupted. Profiles have been very fragile.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Dan wrote: "It would help if there was a "LOCK" function that once a profile is created and stable, you could lock it as read-only so it can't get corrupted. Profiles have been very fragile. "

Hi Dan,

When they add the Profile AutoSave ON/OFF switch the problem could be solved. I'm still on V2.4.10 which is the last supported version without the autosave feature. I've heard the switch is coming but it's been a long time already so no telling when.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6700 Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V2.4.10

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Fred like you I use Global Profiles quite a bit. I realized I had this problem when I was trying to create a Transmit Profile for the PGXL. I wanted to have a high, med and low power setting. That is when I realized there was an issue with creating and saving Transmit Profiles.

I used the process I documented here...it took some time but so far my new profiles are staying in place. I'm sure Flex will determine the cause of this issue and make the necessary code changes. I opened a help ticket and Tim has been working on the problem.

If you have additional questions you can contact me at rjf802 at gmail dot com...

Best Regards

Ronald

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.