Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Error PSL13V_B-09.49

Paul F6EXV
Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Hi all

My 6500 will shut down, sometimes after 5 minutes of being on, sometimes hours later, occasionnally while transmitting, most of the time while receiving, and the following error message appears :

ERROR PSL13V8B-09.49 CHECK FUSE

Obviously the fuse is not dead, otherwise the radio would not switch on, so what do I need to check ? Using SmartSDR version 2.7.6

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Tagged:

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Hi Paul,

I had that same error a while ago and documented the symptoms and steps I took to fix it in my case.

http://www.nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#Low_Voltage_Lockup

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022

Hi Al

Thanks for your info.

I will see if this solves my issue.

Paul F6EXV

• KT5N  Jeff
    KT5N Jeff Member ✭✭

Al, I don't know if your advice helped Paul or not, but you helped me. I have a 6500 that has been putting out less wattage than I expect, and the voltage monitor drops quite a bit when transmitting. I took off the cover, removed the fuse, and cleaned the contacts. Bingo! less voltage drop and more watts out.

Thanks Al,

Jeff KT5N

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Jeff,

Good to hear, suspect the dirty contacts may be common. Glad to hear it fixed it for you.

Al / NN4ZZ

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Paul F6EXV,

Did you get the power issue resolved and what solved it for you?

73, Al / NN4ZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.