Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2.8.0 - noise during a change of frequency span

Options

Just upgraded my 6700 and noticed an issue with the new version

I now hear a spluttering/impulsive noise during the process of 'mousing' the frequency bar on the pan-display, when changing the display's frequency span? The spluttering occurs when the frequency span is being expanded as well as when it is being contracted.

My Maestro doesn't exhibit the same problem

73 John, G3WKL

Comments

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

I have experienced the same thing on my 6400M running SSDR and SmartControl. I'm running V3.3.32. Other audio related issues had appeared also: cracking and popping on strong CW stations on all bands. Random VOX drop outs while ragchewing. I tried adjusting all the obvious and rebooting, but nothing clears it up so far. The VOX dropout is very annoyning to me and the group. I've put in a help request and the issue was "solved" by sending it over to the Engineering/Software group as a possible software issue. I don't know where it goes from there (the bit bucket probably). I love my Flex, but I don't like all the issues that seem to come with the software upgrades. Many of my friends (5) with Flex radios will not upgrade because of all the new issues being encountered with upgrades. Kind of disappointing when they advertise "New Software = New Radio" I think Flex needs to fix and improve what they have out there instead of just moving on to the next thing.

Pete K1OYQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.