Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

updating to v3.3.32 my experience

Just completed updating my 6600M to v3.3.32 Maintenance Release. (also updated SmartSDR on my pc as well)

After a couple of concerning bits of the power button flashing Red , ( two flashes then a pause then repeated) things finally looked like they were complete. BUT, it appeared the radio was stuck at 100% on the final stage of installation. After a bit, the screen went blank. But, the radio didn't come back up. I finally hit the power button, with some concern, and SmartSDR came up. The Waterfall looked kind of odd. The spectrum display was a full window width. But, the waterfall was only showing in the middle third of the screen. I touched the front panel and expanded the display to a much wider setting. And then brought it back to the width I had originally had v3.3.29. Everything was back to normal. So far, everything seems fine. I installed SmartSDR on my pc with no issues. I don't use the internal ATU so I cannot say that that issue is fixed. But, overall things weren't too bad.

James

WD5GWY

Comments

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022

3.3.32 install went fairly well for me using 6600 and win10. Followed instructions , the first install stuck at the end , waited 10 more minutes then held down the start button. when radio restarted ... clicked the SSDR icon and it wanted to upgrade again . This time it didn't take as long and finishes without a hitch . I powered the radio off did a cold boot , restarted , imported profile's and up and running . I never use the ATU ! If I experience any flaws , I'll update my post

Ed N5DG

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

My Update experience to 3.3.32 with 6600M

A month ago, I had install the 4GB SD card which i did purchase as i try to keep my gear current.

So update went smoothly by following the procedure...

i have not tested ATU as i use external tuner and everything else seems fine.

Being a MAC user, i tested XDAX and XCAT and WSJTX as well as Macssdr. No Issues found to date.

Hope everyone else has similar good experience

Paul K3SF

• Randy KN4YBA
    Randy KN4YBA Member ✭✭

My Flex 6400 upgraded with no issues. I did purchase a spare SD card in the event things went South, but I did not have any issues what so ever.

Thank you Flex on making this a simple upgrade for the end user.

KN4YBA

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I upgraded my early 6700 from 3.2.29 today. Due to it's old SD card, never changed to my knowledge at least, I was expecting it to crash during update. I was wrong. Update went smoothly, took appr. 10 minutes. To early to see any differences. Happy days, up and running again.

Johan, SE3X

• ipse dixit
    ipse dixit Member
    I had two Maestro-related error messages pop up while trying to install 3.3.32 on my 6600M today. The load never completed. Very surprised and disappointed with problems like this on a maintenance release. I restarted and went back to 3.3.29. Mike W5QKM
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mike, I would suggest submitting a help desk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.