Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New designations of tracking s/w bugs + SSDR 2.8.0

Just saw this new v. 2.8.0 released and read the notes:

"SmartSDR v2.8.0 at your earliest convenience and strongly recommends not reverting to any previous versions of SmartSDR v3 to ensure the optimal user experience."

I guess the reference to v 3 is a "cut n' paste" error?? Saw this in a few places.

And the mention of SMART, when I submitted a problem I was given a G number w.r.t the s/w defect. How do I know "my" defect is addressed with tne new SMART numbering???

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

What is the recommendation for those of us on V2.4.10? Many of us still are there to avoid the Profile AutoSave feature in subsequent versions.

1- will there be a V2.4.11 or similar with the SD card enhancements?

2 - should we upgrade to 2.8.0 and then downgrade back to V2.4.10? Any issues with downgrading?

3 - should we just stay on V2.4.10 until the Profile AutoSave ON/OFF option is added to V3.x?

Thanks, Al / NN4ZZ

• sv5byr
    sv5byr Member
    I had problem on my 6400 after the latest update to 3.3.32. No PC sound working and when press it the radio reboots. And ofcourse no way to work remote. I open a ticket and my SD is under way. Having nothing to loose, I make the downgrade this morning to 2.8.0 and ...voila !!! My radio works perfect and without any problem on remote...!!!
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

I had a pleasant conversation with Eric KE5DTO at the Flex booth in Xenia back in May, specifically to ask about the profile autosave feature. I wanted to know if they still planned to implement the user-selectable option that was discussed here: https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/7887668/profile-auto-save-discussion/p1

His reply was yes, they still plan to make this user selectable and that they should have done it by now.

Of course, in my imagination I saw him going back to Austin and saying to the team there, "People, drop whatever you are doing and get on this change to the profile autosave feature" but I know things can't work like that. And version 2.8.0 comes too quickly for it to have made the list of things included in this update. However, I still expect we will see this at some point, based on Eric's response to my question.

Tim K9WX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.