Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for IOS on iphone 12 pulsing noise

Only on my iphone 12, not on iPad, I get a pulsing 2x sec pulse that effects signals across the spectrum 2m - 20m. Again, not on Ipad and not on SDR on other platforms. Signals override the noise but disrupts the audio somewhat during pulsing. Tried settings changes.

Any clues ??

Best Answer

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Can you try connecting two devices at the same time to see if they both show the same noise?

So maybe SmartSDR on pc and iPad simultaneously?

Answers

• Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭

More information... This morning I opened an SDR session with the iPad and had the same pulsing noise as on the iphone... As I listened for a few minutes the pulsing suddenly cleared and I viewed and heard a smooth pan adapter across the band. Going back to the iphone... the pulsing was still there on that device. I have no issue on Windows interface now.

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭

Is it possible that SmartSDR on PC has wide-noise filter or noise blanker “on” while it’s off on both IOS devices?

While doing the comparison of two SmartSDR devices at the same time (great suggestion), make sure you are set for a single panadapater same band, with noise filters, pre-amps, etc set the same. Look at the upper right hand part of the display to see the settings and make sure they are what you think they are set at.

• Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭

It appears the iphone noise was anomalous and simply went away.. strange, but not complaining.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.