Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How long should a first update take?

Options
Just received a new 6400 and connected it all up. SmartSDR only gave me an option to Update. I am proceeding with this but so far it has been 30 minutes. I am afraid to interrupt this - is this normal?

I have a solid green on the 6400, the fan is running quite loudly and SmartSDR's progress bar has been at 100% filled for 20 minutes.

Best Answer

Answers

• k5map
    k5map Member ✭✭
    Options
    Good luck with the restart... I had the same problem and now my radio is dead. Submitted a ticket and waiting on Help Desk to assist.
  • Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I restarted the 6400 and launched SmartSDR again. Once again it insisted there was an update needed. This time it completed in 5 minutes. All is well and now on the steep learning curve.
    Thanks for your comments - 73 Martin
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

Yes there is something amiss, at least for some people, with the update. 3.3.29 went smoothly but this one 3.3.32 did not install first time. The 4 stage update on my 6400M screen hung after stage 2. Have recovered the situation with the restart that Ed suggested.

• Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Erik

I lasted 14 hours before a first update came along however, v3.3.32 went smoothly for me

Very impressed so far and nice to see Yuri's progress with linking to Flex. This is going to be fun.

73 Martin
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes Martin, it will be fun. The best SDR is now paired with the best 3rd party client in SDC.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I have seen 1 person (a friend of mine) say his 6600 took over an hour. This seems unusual but it could be that the filesystem integrity on the SD Card was being checked.

I would wait a few hours before rebooting. If you are concerned, please open a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.