Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX audio Drops out

Options

I do an 75 meter phone ARES net.30 mnuites before the net I trued on my 6400M and after it booted up I did an on air modulation and power test, evey thing worked. 1 minute into the net I lost my TX monitor audio and was putting out only 5 watts from the normal 45 watts that I run (Driving an Amp). The Net Manager told me that I had low TX audio and had to take over unit I switched to my backup rig FT-991A, to finish the net.

After the net I swiched to a dummy load and switch mics with no susses. The mic plugs into the rear mic jack on the rear of the amp.

I turned off the Flex 6400M and waited 1 minuets then I turned on the unit the audio and power came back to there normal levels. I did 10 minutes of testing and the problem never came back.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thank you,

Robert, W2ARP

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Robert... so, from the sound of your test results, it doesn't sound like a 'mike jack' problem. When you tried the dummy load, were you getting 45w out or 5w? (Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, I'm just clarifying). I'm also assuming you were operating LSB?

I was thinking high SWR or RF feedback, but the fact that it came back after turning off the radio seems to negate that and I'm assuming that you've been using the radio successfully before this latest problem.

I would suggest, just to be on the cautious side, backing up your profiles, then a complete reset of your radio, then importing the profiles again. Maybe it was just a 'glitch'.....

• RobertPantazes
    RobertPantazes Member ✭✭
    Options

I have low TX audio into a Dummy load.

I will try to reset the radio and test and if all is well then reload the setting.

Thank yo

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmm... I also noted that you said in your original note that "... the mike plugs into the rear mic jack on the back of the amp." Did you mean the Flex?

• RobertPantazes
    RobertPantazes Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes the Mic jacl on the rear of the Flex.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@RobertPantazes

This is an unusual situtation. If the problem persists, can you please open a support ticket.

What version of SmartSDR did you load?

• RobertPantazes
    RobertPantazes Member ✭✭
    Options

the latest ver.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Also once everything is set up and working, save your , mic, transmit, and global profiles. Then export the profiles to PC.

If the problem comes back you can always import the profiles to restore known good settings. It is a weird issue and hopefully a one time problem.

73 Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.