Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 Fan Replacement

Options

While updating the SD Card in my 6700 recently (for V3.3.29 upgrade), I noticed one of the two small fans under the RF Cover were starting to make some noise. Thankfully I bought some spare fans through this Forum last year so I was able to replace them both. Today I noticed the fan that vents the side of the case is starting to make noise. Does anyone know where I can order these fans, or their part number?

Butch, KF4HR

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Those fans might be able to be ordered from Flex. I would open a Help Desk ticket. If they do not have them then maybe they can share the size and ROM of the fan. I replaced one on an original signature series 6500 once and pretty sure it is a 3 wire fan.

Dave wo2x

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Info on the 6700 fans on my web page:

models, notes on replacing, etc.

http://nn4zz.com/FLEX6700.htm#FANs_

73, Al / NN4ZZ

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Al - Thanks for the information. I'll look into getting the side case fans on order. I replaced my CPU and FPGA fans during my recent change-out of the SD Card (for V3.3.29 change), although I decided to only replace the fans and not their heat sinks. The CPU and FPGA replacement fans were easy to install and are worked fine. (The original fans were 6 years old.)

Dave - I did submit a Trouble Report, mentioning my the side case mounted cooling fan noise issue. Tim must have misunderstood my initial Trouble Report because he mentioned in 2018 Flex identified and resolved a problem with the original chip coolers for the CPU and FPGA fans that were prone to premature failure. When I replied to Tim a 2nd time that I was having an issue with a side case fan making noise he suggested I remove the side chassis fan, get the part number off the fan spindle and order two exact replacements, and install them, as this would be faster and cheaper than ordering them from FRS. So that's what I plan to do.

Butch, KF4HR

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Ok, good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.