Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW-Simmer and N1MM question

Cees
Cees Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Third-Party Software

CW-Skimmer and my FLEX-6400 works fine. Now I'm looking for information regarding the communication between N1MM and CW-Skimmer

So far I haven't found any info on the internet regarding the installation. Who can say anything about that?

73 Cees, PA3CVI

Comments

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Supplement

What I mean in a nutshell is, that I want to be able to click on a call on the Skimmer panel and have it go into the Entry window in N1MM.

Cees

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

There’s no way that I know of to get the call that you click on in CW Skimmer into the entry field of N1MM. But, if N1MM can see the spots from CW Skimmer and you tune to the frequency of the spot, N1MM will place call just above the entry field. You can then click on it there or use the space key to get the call to move into the entry field.

When CW Skimmer is set up properly this, while not exactly what you are hoping for, flows nicely.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Thanks for your comment,

still I want to question this, because according to your description, N1MM only places the call above the entry field of a duplicate connection. Your story does not apply to connections that have not yet been made.

Of course I could be wrong, but then I'd like to get a response whether I'm right.

Cees, PA3CVI

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Im not referring to callsigns that you’ve already logged, but callsigns that N1MM already knows about from its telnet client.

If CW Skimmer is set up properly, N1MM will be receiving spots from CW Skimmer via the telnet client. N1MM will then know the callsign and frequency of any station that CW Skimmer had spotted. When you click on a callsign in CW Skimmer, your radio will tune to the frequency of that station, N1MM will notice the frequency change and then display the callsign associated with that frequency.

It’s a bit hard to describe, but in the end everything should work as you expect, but with one exception. Instead of the callsign appearing in the N1MM entry field, it will appear just above it.

If your radio doesn’t tune to the signal when you click in CW Skimmer or if the spots from CW Skimmer don’t show up in N1MM, you have a configuration error that needs to be addressed.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Thanks for your explanation. So it is possible, good news. I'll check all the settings again.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

Yours: If CW Skimmer is set up properly, N1MM will be receiving spots from CW Skimmer via the telnet client. 

My CW-Skimmer setting:

In my humble opinion, I then have to configure N1MM in such a way that it receives the spots from the Skimmer on the same Telnet server port.

In N1MM I do find a hint under WSJT/JTDX option stating that logging of other programs can also be done via port 2333.

But that would mean that the settings of the Skimmer would have to be adjusted. Incidentally, it is true that the Skimmer does adjust the frequency.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭

My question/problem has been solved, thanks to Mike's (VA3MW) post named: SliceMaster with CW Skimmer, Cluster and N1MM.

Configured in just a few minutes.😀

Many thanks, also to K1DBO.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.