Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Operating WSJT problem

normancyyj
normancyyj Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Third-Party Software

I am presently using WSJT with slice master and have absolutely no problems using FT8.

I decided to use WSJT directly and have an interesting issue, and hopefully somebody from the brain trust can come up with what I am doing wrong.

WSJT decodes properly but won't transmit correctly. WSJT will key the transmitter and will show audio coming from DAX and the audio level on the Flex 6400 will show just around -5db. driving the transmitter to the required output. Monitoring my output it sounds normal BUT I can make no contacts and my signal does not show up on the PSK monitor. If I close WSJT and reopen it using Slice Master all is good, it even sounds the same. All the settings on SSDR seem the same and the filters are the same.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• cal
    cal Member
    My call is k1cal as I'm having a issue with Slice Master.In the wsjt mode FT8 I send out a CQ as a dx station contacts with a signal ie -8. I go back to him once he see my signal with a report. My decoder for some reason is not coming back to me with the qso confirmed window as it did before. I have to look at the transmit side to see if RR,73 is present to confirm the contact ? Is there something wrong that's not allowing my confirmation to record ?
  • normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭

Go into settings and see if you have auto log reminder turned on. It is in the radio setting area

• normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭

A big THANK YOU goes out to Ken Wells of Flex Radio. After a lot of back and forth he solved the problem. It was a bad .ini file with WSJT. I deleted the file at his suggestion, rebooted Smart SDR and then WSJT and all is good. I now have 4 slices open and running on my new FR6600. Thanks Ken.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.