Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems with V3.3.29

Trying to upgrade to latest software. Before my 6700 finishes Calibrating I get a "Timeout"

accompanied by the red three flashing alarm. Tried disabling McAfee without success. Anyone else having problems?

Duncan. G4ZOY.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Duncan, yes, problems exactly like yours have been reported, particularly with the 6300, 6500 and 6700. I would guess that Flex will have a solution shortly, but I am only basing that conjecture on past performance.

In the meantime, I would submit a helpdesk ticket. That way, you will be in the queue if the solution is a new SD card.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Len, Hay I have identified a bug in SmartSDR 3.3.29 and I think this may be why I have had problems with 2 of my 3 Radio's Bricking.

What happens is

" If I have 2 Radio's on the same network running or trying to upgrade to 3.3.29 one or the other Radio's reboots when it's not supposed to and crashing the Update"

I finally got my 6600M to settle down and finish installing 3.3.29 after the 6700 and 6300 bricked and powered down, when a friend came over with his radio which he had no problem upgrading to 3.3.29. With both radio's on the same Network his radio began to reboot, when I turned off my 6600M his radio stopped rebooting, turning my radio back on caused my 6600M to start rebooting.

Unfortunately with my 6700 and 6300 on the same network as my 6600M during the update killing the update and bricking the radio's.

• Duncan G4ZOY
    Duncan G4ZOY Member ✭✭

Thanks Leonard. Submitted ticket My 6700 has the original SD card, so perhaps that's the problem.

73 Duncan.

• KD0RC

Hey Bret, that is good info. I created a help desk ticket to get that info to Flex.

Hi Duncan, yes, very possibly. Hopefully the solution will be here soon.

• Joe - N7IV
    Joe - N7IV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Duncan's problem showed up on my 6500 this afternoon. Did you find fix for the problem?

• KD0RC

Hi Joe, Flex has the fix. You will need to submit a help desk ticket.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

For those that may not have gotten word, the V3.3.29 Upgrade "Timeout display problem" requires a Trouble Report submission. This will more than likely lead to Flex sending you a free SD Card upgrade with installation instructions. Tim provided a quick response. It took me about 30 minutes to upgrade the SD Card in my 6700 and V3.3.29 has been running fine ever since. (I also took advantage of having the RF Top Cover removed to replace the CPU and FPGA fans, since they had been running nearly 6 years.)

My suggestion is to look over the SD Card install instructions before attempting the SD Card install. If it looks like something you feel comfortable doing, go for it. The other option is mail your unit to FRS and let them handle the upgrade.

Butch, KF4HR

• Arnold Goldman
    Arnold Goldman Member ✭✭

anyone have a problem with the maestro; mine froze up in the tune/mox mode and had to do a reboot on my 6600m tnx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.