Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ver 3.3.29 seems to have lost Internal Tuner Memory Persistence (Flex6700 with Windows)

After upgrading to Ver 3.3.29 I notice the internal tuner Memory Retension is no longer Persistent on frequency or band change. (Mission critical on WSPR bandhop or fast QSY)

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Gary, what you are seeing is a known issue.

No issues with 3.3.29 upgrade — FlexRadio Community

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭

Ah ha .... I spotted this in the "release highlights" from Tim Ellison that explains the antenna tuner memory persistence issue in 3.3.29

""Please note that in v3.3.29, we have identified an issue with how ATU memories are recalled after being set (SMART-8821). Engineering is looking into this now.

Dan, N7HQ""

I guess I wait for that fix.... Its in the release highlights thats good news. For us band hoppers with broadband style antennas iit's make or break really....

• jan
    jan Member ✭✭
    how long do it take,s solves atu problem flex6400 atu ??? V 3.3.29
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Patience, it's better to take longer and have a better chance that it is fixed than to rush it out and have more problems.

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭

Yup . . . Issues . . . Issues . . . Issues. Fix 1 thing break 5 others. Why did not the Alpha testers see this or catch this bug. Seems pretty basic bug to me. Maybe more testers are needed to catch the broken stuff "before" the release.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

New Alpha testers should selected and others rotated to improve the possibility of finding problems.

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭

Agree . . . I am retired and am in the radio room quite a bit and put it through its paces. Surely I would have found that bug.

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭

It took most of us less than a minute to find this issue after upgrading. And you are right, you have to really wonder what the beta testers were doing to have missed this huge bug.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I believe a comprehensive test plan would catch this.

• K5WH
    K5WH Member ✭✭

After a couple weeks of no resolution, it may be worth the downgrade effort.

As the benefits of the latest update enhancements are really great, and usually always are, but having to manually turn the tuner back on all the time is starting to change from cumbersome to just annoying . :)

Just my 2 cents.

Walter/K5WH

• jan
    jan Member ✭✭

i hope the resolve the problem with the memory/atu soon.

and before that give the gustomer a note some times

so we can see some progress .

in abouth 6 day,s its one month after 3.3.29 release

and still no progress ???

73,s from pa0ehj

jan

netherlands

• Virgil K7VZ
    Virgil K7VZ Member
    After the ATU issue with 3.3.29, I rolled back to 3.2.29 because it made running more than 1 slice of WSJT-X unusable. Is there a way to check on the status or any updates on SMART-8821?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

SMART-8821 has been fixed and tested in our Alpha team. The fix will be included in the next SmartSDR public release, which should be coming soon. Thanks for your patience.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Thanks for the update Eric.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.