Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iPad Air 2

Scott Oakland
Scott Oakland Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in SmartSDR for iOS

Hello:

I have an iPad 2 Air (model # MGKM2LL/A) and wish to use SmartSDR for IOS (already purchased today) on an iPad 2 Air. My rig is a Flex 6400M.

My question is: will FT8 be available, or will it be an extra fee? And how does one access FT8 on the app?

Also, how would I send log entries to MacLoggerDX?

Thanks

Scott, W1AL

Answers

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022

FT8 is available and works quite well. It is an add-on module to the base program that cost $19.99 extra I believe. (It’s been awhile since I set mine up.). It works perfectly. It creates a log inside the program that syncs to iCloud. You can then import this file into your main logging program back at your computer. The logging is also an add-on module for $5.99. The logging process is covered in depth in the documentation.

• Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭

Thanks David!

Scott W1AL

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

@Scott Oakland I have literally worked the world on FT8 while sitting in my easy chair in the den next to my wife while she is reading rather than being downstairs by myself in the shack, and more importantly she being by herself. It’s a lot of fun.

• Scott Oakland
    Scott Oakland Member ✭✭

Thanks David! That sounds great. I know too well what it's like for an XyL to feel by herself when her man is playing radio in another part of the house.

Do you happen to know how it may interface with a log program such as MacLoggerDX?

Scott W1AL

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

I don’t use MacLogger. I use DXLabs DxKeeper. What you do is you export the log as a ADIF file and then import it into your logging program. All decent logging programs have that capability. See section 1.6 of the file titled “Smart SDR for iOS  Tools.”

http://manuals.roskosch.de/smartsdr-ios-tools/

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

i have ipad pro and run macs in the shack with flex 6600m

IOS ssdr works well with macdxlogger (mldx)...simply export log as adif file

and

import to mldx ..

only issue i have seen is the whole log from ios ssdr gets exported so duplicates may be imported

the way to properly import is to turn on 'reject duplicates' in mldx import tool

hope this helps

Paul K3SF

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022

+1 what Paul K3SF said, I do this all the time and it works great.

FT8 in the iPad from anywhere is a super fun way to play radio that is low key for anyone else who is around you. 😎

Justin

W4JTD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.