Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 11 BSOD after install

W0MU
W0MU Member ✭✭
After loading the latest version of SmartSDR my computer got locked into a blue screen of death loop with the error of pagefault in non paged area. reverting back to a restore point a few days back has the computer back to normal. Are there others running Windows 11 without issues? I did get a BSOD in the middle of the installation. I had installed the RHR remote software earlier today. Any suggestions? I am going to run some disk and memory tests.

Best Answer

• W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Update!

I just got off the phone with Support. The computer is now working with SmartSDR. I want to thank Dan For calling me directly and working with me very professionally to solve my issue.

If you are having this issue there is a good chance they can help you too. You need to submit a ticket.

In my case we believe it was a mixer program that came with my computer called Sonic Mixer. Nvidia also has installed some audio drivers that we disabled that have been known to cause issues with other products.

If you are having issues and are not computer Savvy please allow Flex to help you before you start removing files and drivers etc.

Answers

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭

This is not just windows 11 but happens on windows 10 too. If you search the community you will see other posts about it.

I raised a ticket 5 moths ago with the helpdesk and got this as the reply.

"This issue, G7368 is still pending. This error can be caused by programs in the Windows Startup that use audio devices, like Zoom or Skype. If you have any programs in Windows Startup that are using audio devices, I recommend disabling them from starting at boot up. THis may or may not help."

My ticket was closed after this comment.

I have a dedicated machine for radio and have disabled everything from the start-up and have a very basic windows image wihtout all the usual software as it will never be used.

Ususally by shutting down and restarting it works eventually. Sometimes once but sometimes I can get caught in a long loop too.

Just have to hope they fix this issue as it's by installing SmartSDR that causes it.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

I believe that is this a known issue with installation of DAX ( a part of the SSDR package). It normally happens ONE time when DAX is installed for the first time on a **** install of windows. After the BSOD, reboot the PC and then every this should run error free.

AL, K0VM

• W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭
    The machine was reboot loop. I will try it again. I have had zero issues with the computer prior to this event. Thanks!
  • W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭
    I can't even load SmartSDR. So I have 6600 that is useless to me because they have a driver problem. This has to be a joke. This is a brand new ASUS gaming computer.

I have been unsuccessful in getting SmartSDR loaded on my computer. I have disabled everything that might use sound in startup. The computer continually faults with BSOD until I remove the SDR software.

I submitted a help desk ticket and here is the reply.

WOW!

Tim Ellison
    17 minutes ago
    Ken,

The analysis of your HelpDesk support incident has concluded that the issue you reported is a known software defect with DAX. I have transferred this issue to the Engineering/Software Development group and placed it in their bug tracker for further analysis.

This issue has been logged as defect number: SMART-7638

There are no known workarounds for this issue. If you do not start DAX when you run SmartSDR for Windows and CAT, that should prevent the crash from happening, but you will not have DAX capabilities.

The primary purpose of a HelpDesk request is to allow our technical support engineers to assess and address your software, configuration, or operational questions or issues. Since your issue has been initially classified known software defect, the responsibility for its disposition has been transferred from the HelpDesk / Support group to Engineering/Software Development. You may be contacted to provide additional information or assist with the determination of the issue's root cause or test a possible fix for this issue. Currently, there is no date when this issue may be addressed.

As a consequence of your issue being transferred to our Engineering/Software Development group, your HelpDesk ticket status has been changed to "solved". This does not mean that your issue is actually fixed at this time, but because it has been transferred out of the HelpDesk / Support group, we place this ticket into the "solved" status in order to close it after 4 days since there are no further actions the HelpDesk / Support group can take at this time. This is part of our bug report workflow process.

You are always welcome to reply to this ticket before it closes if you have additional follow-up questions or comments regarding your HelpDesk request or open a new HelpDesk ticket if needed.
    Tim Ellison, W4TME
    Customer Experience Manager
  • W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭

I have also found that MyAsus also installs a number of services that are NOT removed when the program is removed. These services can slow the computer down and are responsible for the drivers being loaded even after they were removed. I have the realtek audio drivers running and have not had issues. I am certain that the issues are with the sonic suite mixer drivers.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

If you have a lot of issues with the BSOD. It might be best to do a fresh install of windows 10 or 11not an update from 20 to 11. New gaming computers just mean the machine is loaded with software that may not be compatible with SSDR. I pretty much get the GSOD with mine, as I'm on higher levels of windows 10 pro and not capable of running win 11. With a new SSDR update I do get one GSOD but with the core dump and itd restart mine comes up ok. But I have cleaned off a lot of old software. Probably past due for clean installs of everything. Don't be too negative about SSDR. They provide very complex software and the customer gets to install it on every possible type and version of computers. I'm amazed that hams can get any of this stuff working, unless they're computer whizzes... Erika DD

• W0MU
    W0MU Member ✭✭

The issue is solved. I was just adding more detail for those that might run into this same issue. It affects many other programs not just SSDR.

W0MU

• David Otto
    David Otto Member ✭✭
    I have a Dell XPS 8950 running Windows 11. I had to disable the 'memory integrity' setting in Windows security to get v. 3.3.33 of SmartSDR to load. Once it loaded, I lost all audio to my computer output devices, such as Realtek audio and my display audio. Nothing I tried would restore it. I had to uninstall SSDR and all the DAX drivers, then audio was output was restored to my normal output devices. Flex has some real software issues that need resolution, especially for those using Windows 11.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.