Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fix for 5 minute disconnect from iphone or ipad

on your iphone or ipad go to Settings: Display & Brightnesss-Auto Lock-set to Never. & save. Also in settings: go to screen timer-set for 23 hours 59 minutes & save. These two settings will eliminate the 5 minute timeout & disconnection.

Comments

• Paul_M0AIA
    Paul_M0AIA Member ✭✭

Hi, I'm an active user of the SmartSDR iOS and have never had this issue either on my iPhone or iPAD.

I do have these settings configured within the SmartSDR iOS application, found in the app settings.

Disconnect on close - off

Prevent device sleep - on

All the best

Paul M0AIA

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭

Per the troubleshooting section of the SmartSDR IOS and Mac documentation, isn't this specific to the Netgear Router (at the client end) denial of service issue? Or are you referring to something else? Mark - wd9jen.

• K2SJP
    K2SJP Member
    I went from Netgear to TP-Link Router with the same 5 minute disconnection. Only the listed settings eliminated the problem
  • K2SJP
    K2SJP Member
    Yes Paul; I also have your settings in addition to my 2 listed settings. This eliminated the 5 minute timeout & disconnection
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I didn't know this issue existed. I've never heard of it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.