Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how to enable CW monitor Flex6400.

willy_xq3
willy_xq3 Member, Unconfirmed
Is there any possibility to enable CW Monitor on a Flex 6400?
I have connected my vibroplex to the radio and I can't find a way to monitor my transmission.
willy
Xq3SK

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Willy, sidetone audio cannot be sent through the computer. The latency through Windows is too much.

You mentioned headphones connected to the computer, so I assume that you have the PC Audio button engaged. Try plugging the headphones into the radio with the PC Audio off.

Answers

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022

There are buttons on the CW Panel to control this:

• Sidetone Button: Enables or disables the CW Sidetone.

• Sidetone Slider: Adjusts the volume (or amplitude) of the CW note. 

• Sidetone Pan Slider: Moving the Sidetone Pan Slider will adjust the sidetone from left to right channel audio.

See page 187 in the Smart SDR Software Users Guide for more info.

• willy_xq3
    I have the vibroplex connected directly to the flex6400, the headphones connected to the computer. Enabling or disabling the sidetone makes no difference. I can't monitor my Morse transmission.
    tnx and 73
    xq3sk
  • willy_xq3
    Sidetone works perfect when the morse transmission is done from "CWX". That way you can control the audio "reference". If the transmission is made from a manipulator directly connected to the FLEX, these controls do not allow me to control the CW monitor.
  • David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

@willy_xq3 for this to work for you, you have to get your audio directly from the radio from the speaker jack on the back of the radio and not from your computer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.