Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Starlink

Has anyone been able to get the Flex to operate remotely using the Starlink system? Sarlink has become available in my area. I don't have access to cable so I'm very tempted to get the system but I don't want to lose my current remote capability.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi... I think the short answer right now is, "It CAN work, but it's not straightforward, nor easy. The problem is that Starlink uses CGNAT which is not compatible with the way SmartSDR is programmed.

The following linked article from Flex gives some insight and suggestions:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414672618267-Remote-Operation-Working-around-CGNAT-is-it-possible-

• wa6dkn
    wa6dkn Member ✭✭

Thank you for the information. I've decided to pass on Starlink at least for now. My broadband internet service isn't as fast but I can operate my Flex 6700 remote. Again, thank you

Dave WA6DKN

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

No worries... that's what we're here for :-)

As Mike points out, it IS do-able, but it takes more network engineering knowledge that this poor old brain can muster....