Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows vr's Apple software for Flex 6500

Options
Sproehl
Sproehl Member, Unconfirmed
Hello my name is Scott and i currently have the latest SmartSDR for iOS running on my imac and was wandering if i have a windows based laptop can i use it as well with the SmartSDR for windows software? Does the 6500 care or do i have to download one or the other to it as well?

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Scott, the radio uses the same internal firmware either way. SmartSDR for Windows and for Mac both use the Flex Application Programming Interface (API) to access the features of the radio from their respective platforms.

Answers

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Scott,

Majority of us (myself included) use Windows version of SSDR. Again each of us have its own reasons :-)

Everything is running smooth on Windows 11. There is also a pletora of applications that work with Flex comparing the Mac world :-)

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Scott.

You can always use boot-camp on your imac and load windows 10 (or 11) and give Windows SSDR a try for free.

I have SSDR for Mac running on an iMac simultaneously with a Parallels (which costs) set-up on Windows 10 (parallels) Don’t ask me how, but I can run MultiFlex on 6600M with the two. Seems to work well, but usually too much information overload for my old brain, so I just sit with SSDR for Mac!! If you are using your iMac for audio, you may notice audio latency when using Windows SSDR, so look out for that.

Mike G4GWH

• Sproehl
    Sproehl Member, Unconfirmed
    Options
    [{"insert":"Thanks to all of you for the info.\nIt's nice to get feedback this quick :)\nIt's been working great on my mac but just wanted to know if it (being the firmware in the radio) would work for both platforms without downloading firmware for one or the other. \nThanks KD0RC\nScott W8OTO 73's\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.