Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.3.29.7670 is up and running!!

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I had a couple of rough spots, but 3.3.29 came up and is working on my Flex 6400.

It gave some pop up windows indicating that radio connection was lost, so I exited SmartSDR.

Upon re-start, it went along until the install apparently stalled, so I stopped the upgrade screen and powered off the radio.

I powered back on and got a green light. I re-started SmartSDR and it started going through the upgrade process until it did a reboot. The fan never came back on and I got a single red flashing light.

I clicked the power button once, and the fan came on and the update finished successfully.

@Dan Quigley, N7HQ - Hi Dan, I hope this info is useful to your debug efforts. I will continue to poke around, but so far so good.

Comments

• KD0RC

So far:

• My TeensyMaestro operates normally
    • SDRMonitor (voltage and temp) works properly
    • SmartSMeter works properly
    • ACLog (N3FJP) works properly
    • FRStack3 works properly
    • Slicemaster and CW Skimmer work properly
    • DDUtil works properly

DAX and CAT seem to be OK and anything that uses the API is OK. I shut down SmartSDR and it restarted fine. I shut down the radio, and it restarted fine. Is it my imagination, or does it boot up much quicker now?

The only problems I see so far is a glitch in the upgrade process itself.

• KD0RC

See my "Don't do what I did..." post for an update on why I had issues.

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Perfect and easy update to ver. 3.3.29 on 6600M. Thanks for the "Don't do what I did.." tip. Takes about 7 minutes or so, with lots of fan whizzing, and purple and red L.E.D.s that frighten the living **** out of you.

Great stuff, Flex. Many thanks!!

Mike G4GWH

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I updated the 6700 and Bricked it.

I updated the 6600M and all was good until I dumped the power supply and turned it back on and now my 6600M is Bricked, Go figure.

I'm now running the Flex 6300 until the new SDCard's get here.

SO with this update it's a real game of chance and if you are a gambler or not.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

i tried to update my 6600m

BUT

on restart...following happen

.no warc band transmit..could not even adjust power levels on warc band

. output from dax server corrupted...not stream id and only noise

reverted back to 3.2.39

and

everything works again...

first time i have ever had flex update go so bad in my 6600m

hope they find the errors of their ways and fix

Paul K3SF

• KD0RC

Hi Paul, I would submit a helpdesk ticket. Flex will need all the info that they can get on things that aren't working.

Did you try a factory reset after the upgrade?

• KD0RC

I just upgraded my "old" laptop (Dell Inspiron i5) to 3.3.29 and fired it up. No issues, and MultiFlex is working great.

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭

I updated a 6600 to 3.3.29 with no issues. Smooth update, took just under 10 minutes. I don't use the built in tuner so I can't speak to the issues others are having with it. The only thing I'm experiencing is the reported PGXL SWR meter reading 1.25:1 when not transmitting. Appears to be accurate when transmitting if SWR is >1:1.25. Seen on both SmartSDR and Maestro. Power cycling PGXL had no effect but the meters on PGXL and PGXL utility are correct at all times. Maestro update was smooth as well. I have an early 6600 and Maestro A, manufactured week 1 of 2018 and week 16 of 2016 respectively.

73, Chuck

W9WLX

• Brian_KF4IRE
    Brian_KF4IRE Member ✭✭
    Upgraded mine today and with the PGXL in standby/sleeping and the 6600M in Smart Control mode the meters to the right show the Amp SWR is holding steady at 1.25:1.... Exit Out, Reload comes right back. Reboot, comes back. Cold start, comes back. Win SmartSDR, same thing. Dang SWR follows me everywhere. PGXL Utility is correct though. Brian KF4IRE.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

hi Len

yes i did do factory reset...

the radio did boot up no issue there

just the two items of warc band xmit inhibit and corrupt data stream from dax server

i run mac 's so i ran xdax client ..xdax reported no stream id and only noise on the dax stream

Paul K3SF

• KD0RC

Hi Paul, I would submit a help desk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.