Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"B" Column Goes Red on the AG Software

w1smc
w1smc Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Antenna Genius

** This should be moved to AG ... **

This all started yesterday ...

After starting things as I usually do, I'm on Slice A 80M getting ready for the Graveyard Net on

3967 and I open slice B which normally opens on 3906 so I can listen to another Net ...

When Slice B opens on 3906 the AG software shows the "B" column as all red.

Slice A is showing ANT1 ANT1 & Slice B has ANT1 and ANT2 showing.

When I change Slice B from ANT1 ANT2 to ANT1 ANT1 the AG software changes to what I usually expect to see:

OUT A & OUT B are active and receiving normally.

If I switch back to ANT1 ANT2 from ANT1 ANT1 the "B" column goes red again.

This is the case whether I open a new Slice with the +RX button or the New Panadapter on the lower left side of SSDR.

BUT .... If I switch to another band either by entering the frequency on the B Slices Flag or the New Panadapter on the lower left side of SSDR things go back to normal on the AG software and things are okay.

ONLY on 80M seems to have this issue.

I'm still researching this but the A column also goes red sometimes.

Any ideas?

Steve / W1SMC

6600M, PGXL, TGXL, AG ...

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

When you have two slices open on same band but antennas are different (Ant1, Ant1 and Ant1, Ant2) you will see red. That is the interlock protection in the 2x8 switch. It will not allow different antenna ports to try and use the same antenna.

If you are seeing a new slice creation cause the new slice to be Ant1, Ant2 it probably has something to do with your persistence database. Try this:

Go to Profiles then Import/Export

Export your profiles but uncheck Preferences.

Next import the profiles you just exported.

see if that fixes it.

Dave wo2x

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022

Dave, Thanks for the quick response ... As a software tester myself I more than often lean to the issue is user error and/or misunderstanding of the software requirements ...

I need to spend more time understanding Profiles for one thing. For some strange reason I lost a few of my TX Profiles but I have back ups ...

With this non-issue, I'm going to go back and go through the AG manual ...

Again, thanks.

Steve / W1SMC

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You’re welcome. Have fun!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.