Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL 1x3 problems

:/ Just trying to get my tuner set up for the 1st time and having an issue. I've opened a ticket, but maybe it's pilot-error and someone can help! The SWR reported by the tuner seems to be way out-of-whack. To eliminate antennas and other variables, I removed amp and simplified install to just the 6600 to TGXL to dummy load. Keydown 30W and 6600 SWR meter with tuner in bypass is flat 1.2:1 as expected. But tuner SWR meter is showing >6:1! Switch from bypass to active, let the tuner find a "solution", SWR meter on 6600 is pegged >3:1 but tuner thinks it's ~1.4:1. Took the coax from the 6600 after the tuner got it's solution and put it in an analyzer and get the same results. With tuner "tuned", SWR is high. Any thoughts????
Tagged:

Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Have you tried tuning into dummy load on all the bands? Is it the same for all bands? Or is it only failing on 160,80,40M?

I assume you are on version firmware 1.1.8.?

Did you set the TGXL using the TGXL firmware/software properly on Windows? Does the frequency you select show the same as 6600, on the TGXL front screen? Is it LAN connected?

73 Mike.

• gilbishop
    gilbishop Member
    HI Mike,
    Thanks. Yes, have tried all bands and all 3 antenna outputs. Used multiple known-good coax jumpers, no affect. Both tuner and 6600 in the same LAN switch and communicating fine.
    Frequency tracks correctly on the tuner display, tune button on utility and front panel correctly switches 6600 to generate carrier. On version 1.1.8. Re-flashed firmware in case it didn't take the first time, again no change. Support just had me do a lot of these suggestions too, waiting for their response. I'm still hoping I ****-fingered something, but really setup is so simple I'm hard pressed to think of what I could be doing wrong. Acting for all the world like a calibration issue in the SWR sensor. Unless that's software fixable, afraid it's going to be heading to the shop. :(
  • gilbishop
    gilbishop Member
    edited April 2022
    Sorry, didn't know "f a t" fingered would be censored...lol
  • Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Oh dear! You appear to have done everything correct. My reason for the questions, is that I unfortunately had to send mine back to 4O3A in Montenegro for a repair. Mine after about 10 days, suddenly would not tune on 160,80,40, but worked fine on 30m and higher. It was very rapidly attended to by both Flex help-desk and the factory, now works better that new!!! What happened with mine is the output circuitry is switched low (160,80,40)and high (30 plus), and a low relay had failed, quite possibly due to original manufacturing after the usual burn-in. Ah well, I should open a help ticket. You will find Flex absolutely brilliant, and “all your future problems will be small ones”😹😹

73 Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.