Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power cycle cured CW timing problem.

Options
2»

Comments

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    Options

@KD0RC Thanks for the help. Yes, I do import the latest. That said, I created a "new" latest based on your comment. I will know in a week or two after the rig loses it's mind and forgets everything I taught in when it decides not to wake up correctly after I do the power cycle to correct the forever ongoing CW timing issue. 🤬

Thanks again for all your help on the forum!!!

• reed
    reed Member ✭✭
    Options
    Discovered this bug tonight while tuning up my key. Pretty surprising for such an expensive rig to do so poorly on this seemingly simple task.

I tried transmitting from the 6600 into a dummy load while listening with my other rig:

1) using a paddle directly into the rig, I first hold dah continuously, then hold dit continuously. In both cases, you can clearly hear hiccups or glitches in the pattern.
    https://youtu.be/cV1cwSREqIU

2) using the CWX SSDR interface, I send "5555555", so the pattern expected is a repeating "di-di-di-di-di [brief pause]". However, the pattern received includes extra pauses, and even some dahs! Yikes!
    https://youtu.be/p9qTfHDtS5s
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Reed, I know that Flex is aware of this issue, but I don't know if they have been able to recreate it. It might be a good idea to open a help desk ticket with reference to your videos.

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    Options

With all due respect...... The only way possible that Flex has not been able to recreate the issue is:

1) they have zero CW operators or

2) they reboot each and every rig they run machine almost every day or

3) they don't care.

• sq5nry
    sq5nry Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm using FLEX6300 with v3.4 and found same symptoms described in the thread. Is there any viable workaround to make CW work with this model?
    Re-start cures the bug but in reality it's always too late after a DX appears. I tried with lower wpm but could never get a better keying than that by hand :(
    Any suggestions warmly appreciated.

Best 73,
    Paul sq5nry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.