Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Icom 7610

Ok. I have a problem:

I am using both my Flex 6400 and and Icom 7610

I am going through the Expert 1.5 Linear. The 7610 is attached to the LAN. But when I key up, the tuner says 'NO PTT.' Can someone help me figure this out?

Comments

• Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭

My guess is the 7610 does not connect the PTT thru the LAN. You must connect a PTT cable from the rig to the tuner.

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

That is what I am thinking. But then how to key the amplifier which requires at PTT, as well?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Cy, The tuner has a PTT In and a PTT Out. Connect the rig PTT out to the tuner PTT In, then connect the tuner PTT Out to the PTT in of the amp.

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

I just did that and it did work. But now I am getting the same message. I will keep working on it.

• KD0RC

Do you have the PTT in and PTT out reversed on the tuner?

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

no. from the send (icom) to the PTT in on the tuner

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

So when I use lower power, it recognizes the PTT but when I turn it up, it doesn't and it is not keying the amp

• KD0RC

Ah... Sounds like RF getting in somewhere. I would put some ferrites on the PTT cables, but it could be coming on any line to the radio, tuner or amp. I have had very good luck with the mix 31 ferrites from Palomar Engineers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.