Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL Remote

I just got my new TGXL and was hoping that I can control it Via the Mac or iPad similarly of controlling my PGXL.

My questions are:

1-Should I leave it on all time so it will be ready for my use remotely?
2-Well the TGXL will remember the stored tunes so it will save my PGXL?

73's

Hamad
A71VV

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Hamad,

Most of us that run remote use AC power outlets that can turn the DC power supply on and off remotely. I use the DLI Web Switch Pro. https://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

They also make an AC relay which can be connected from one outlet to the Remote On connector on the Flex which allows you to turn the radio on and off. https://www.digital-loggers.com/ac.html

The Tuner Genius XL will remember the tuning memories when powered off. If the SWR is too high, the Power Genius will stop transmitting very quickly to protect the amp.

Some of us use Node Red to control and monitor the radio, amp, tuner and 2x8 Antenna Genius. This allows control from any web browser, including Safari and smartphones.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Open a support ticket with Flex. Some users have experienced the fan running full speed when applying DC power. From what I read on this Community, this seems to be due to the DC voltage on the power supply coming up to full voltage slowly.

If you have an extra AC Relay, try supplying the DC positive to the tuner through the common and normally open contacts on the relay. Leave the outlet for the tuner AC Relay off. Turn on the DC supply outlet first, then turn on the outlet for tuner. That should allow the DC supply voltage to stabilize first.

Again though, I recommend opening a support case. It is possible the support team has more information or updated information.

73 & good DX

Dave wo2x

Answers

• HAMAD A71VV
    HAMAD A71VV Member ✭✭
    > @"David Decoons, wo2x" said:
    > Hi Hamad,
    > Most of us that run remote use AC power outlets that can turn the DC power supply on and off remotely. I use the DLI Web Switch Pro. https://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html
    > They also make an AC relay which can be connected from one outlet to the Remote On connector on the Flex which allows you to turn the radio on and off. https://www.digital-loggers.com/ac.html
    > The Tuner Genius XL will remember the tuning memories when powered off. If the SWR is too high, the Power Genius will stop transmitting very quickly to protect the amp.
    > Some of us use Node Red to control and monitor the radio, amp, tuner and 2x8 Antenna Genius. This allows control from any web browser, including Safari and smartphones.
    > 73
    > Dave wo2x

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for your time and your answer, I actually use both AC power outlets and the AC relay for flex radio so we can control it remotly.

My main issue is the TGXL power switch as it looks that I should keep it on all time and powered on. in fact I switched my power supply remotely Off and that's ok but when I switched it On back, the TGXL didn't start and I have heard high speed fan is running.

I hope that Flex radio team with 4O3A teams can come with permanent solution to control the TGXL via flex application and to come up with AC relay similar to the one we are using for the radios.

73's

Hamad
    A71VV
  • HAMAD A71VV
    HAMAD A71VV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    > @"David Decoons, wo2x" said:
    > Open a support ticket with Flex. Some users have experienced the fan running full speed when applying DC power. From what I read on this Community, this seems to be due to the DC voltage on the power supply coming up to full voltage slowly.
    > If you have an extra AC Relay, try supplying the DC positive to the tuner through the common and normally open contacts on the relay. Leave the outlet for the tuner AC Relay off. Turn on the DC supply outlet first, then turn on the outlet for tuner. That should allow the DC supply voltage to stabilize first.
    > Again though, I recommend opening a support case. It is possible the support team has more information or updated information.
    > 73 & good DX
    > Dave wo2x

Thanks Dave :) I just install RD Client on my iPhone and I am able now to control my TGXL very easy, remaining is switching the TGXL DC power on/off via the relay :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.