Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Oddity?

Options
Mike
Mike Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Third-Party Software

I've noticed something now on 40m and I am not sure if it is a radio oddity or mode oddity. When I qsy to 40m, in particular 7074 for FT8. I sometimes see transmissions on 7078 with the exact same timing as FT8. I know there are alternate freq to use if you are the rare DX and figure that might be what is afoot. When I change freq to 7078 then the transmissions seem to disappear. Other times some of the signals remain but do not decode.

Am I experiencing some weird ghost effect and it is an actual rig problem or am I missing something and it is some strange mode that uses FT8 timing that I am unaware of at this time.

For the record, Using a Flex 6600, 2.7.6 software, Win 10.

Comments

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    Options

People should back off their audio drive! A 2 kHz ft8 Tx signal can also appear at 4 kHz or other harmonic if there is audio overdrive/distortion. Not decodeable because channel spacing is wrong.

73 Martin AA6E

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

7078 is a JS8Call frequency.

Bill, NE1B

• Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Bill. That is probably what I am seeing then that isn't decoding.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.