Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro will not connect to Hotspot using T-Mobile with Pixel 6 Phone

My Maestro will not connect to my cell phone hotspot. This problem seems to be related to the carrier service and/or Pixel 6 that I am using. I have a laptop using windows 11 that sees my cell phone hotspot, but this hotspot never shows up on the Maestro. I renamed the hotspot to remove any special characters. This is crazy since the hotspot works on my laptop but not on the Maestro. I am using a Pixel 6 with the latest upgrade. I am sharing a plan with my son. He has a different cell phone which is not a Pixel 6 and we are on the same carrier plan. I am sharing his cell phone plan. His cell phone hot sport works, but my Pixel 6 does not work. I also tried the Beta version of the Carrier Service and rebooted the cell phone. This problem clearly seems to be related to the Pixel 6 with the T-Mobile carrier service. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

Jerry,

If the WIFI generated from the Pixel 6 Hotspot is WIFI6 (A.K.A. 802.11AX) the Maestro's WIFI Hardware is not compatible with it. If you can change the WIFI Format to 802.11AC or N or G, then it should work. (Not being familiar with that phone, I don't know if this is possible)

We have been seeing this on some of the new consumer grade routers as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.